Monday 23 April 2012

No Batteries Required...

Today I read an article in Toy News that said that 44% of children play outside, this is an increase over the last 2 years. Whilst this is promising, in my opinion its still not enough!
Gone are the times when we as children used to disappear all day on our bikes with a bottle of pop and some sandwiches and only come home for tea. I know that society doesn't feel safe enough to let our children do that but I do feel as responsible parents we should encourage our children to play out doors whenever and weather permitting as much as possible.
After school this afternoon I commented to my hubby that whilst my son loves to play on his DS or Wii when its wet in the nice weather he actually needs nothing more than a stick and a stone as he will play outside making up games and digging, climbing and generally running around the garden, the cost of this ...nil, no initial cost, no electricity and no batteries required.

No comments: