Friday 6 April 2012

Good Friday ?

Yes I think so, I was treated to a lie in and a cup of tea in bed!
Hubby had last night off so we could go to the Nottingham Playhouse with friends to see 'Reasons To Be Cheerful', a play set during a time of political change and economic hardship.

 It’s 1979: Labour loses to the Tories, strikes rock the nation and Ian Dury and the Blockheads’ Reasons to be Cheerful (Part 3) climbs the charts. As the ultimate fans, Vinnie and his mates would do anything to see Dury at the Hammersmith Odeon, only the gig is sold out. But life has a habit of throwing strange things at you, and one night of frustration becomes something else entirely…

We didn't know what to expect, except we (or should I say 'I') was a bit of a punk in my early days and loved Ian Dury and The Blockheads music, although at the tender age of 12 wasn't quite aware of the political views of his lyrics.
Excellent part play/part gig, thoroughly enjoyed it, a bit cringe worthy at times as the language (and some of the back drop images)  were quite colourful ;) Its left me singing 'Hit me with your rhythm stick' all last night and today!  Would definitely recommend it.




No comments: