Tuesday 3 April 2012

Bunting!

I have been making bunting now for a few years and when I am setting up my stall at craft fairs and adorning my gazebo with a vast array of colours and designs it never fails to raise a smile.
Its so cheery and welcoming and can be hung any where inside or out.
I like to make mine in flag style and double sided so that it can be hung in front of a window and be seen both sides but I know for quickness some people make it one sided and edge with pinking shears.
Over at Knot Just Jigs we also offer some stunning bunting made from embroidered butterflies, dinosaurs and vehicles!
Our personalised bunting is really popular and can be used for names or even to advertise a business.
I looked into the history of bunting and its origin and can't believe that it can be traced back to the turn of the 17th century when they manufactured signal flags for the Royal Navy!


The lovely Jenny from a fabulous bog called WINNIEBRIGGS HOUSE have written a wonderful blog post about bunting, complete with a step by step tutorial of how to make your own!
Go on have a go, its very satisfying :)

No comments: