Monday 12 August 2013

School Holidays love 'em or hate 'em ?

For 90% of the time I am in the 'love 'em ' camp of school holidays, I am down to only having one child left at school (insert sad face) and can honestly say he is lovely company and I enjoy being with him the majority of the time although there has been the very odd occasion when I could throttle him! (joke)
I am a little concerned that we are now nearly half way through the school holidays and we haven't done any of the things on my carefully researched 'things to do in the school holidays' list!
We have been lucky enough to have stayed to my lovely friends caravan at North Yorkshire for 9 of those days and the weather was very kind to us so we spent most of the time on the beach, in the swimming pool, up trees (him not me), on the park and walking. I love caravanning, for me it removes you from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, we had no Internet connection and very poor phone signal so found ourselves going back to basics for evening entertainment. We played pick up sticks, jacks and card games, reminds me of when I was a kid (a long long time ago ....) traditional games were the best and only form of entertainment!

No comments: